Sunday, May 3, 2015

Jocole {Ladies Shift Dress} a review

Once again, I was lucky enough to be involved in testing a new Jocole pattern one for the new Bundle up package! This one took me way out of my comfort zone, I have spent the past few month sewing mainly Knits and have become very comfortable with them. This pattern called for a woven type fabric, not only that but it also requires a zipper and darts! two things I have not yet tackled in my sewing adventures.

Thankfully like I expected Jocole's instructions on both the zipper installment and darts was a breeze and easy for any first timer to do (neither are at all as scary as I thought they were, go figure). This pattern has a few options.

Length
- Tunic or Knee

Neckline
- Scoop or Boat neck

I decided to go with a cotton drill fabric for this one. I am really happy with my choice of fabric its going to be amazing for summer time (too bad winter is on the way here in Australia!) and I am super impressed with how I lined up the seams too!

size Small, Tunic length with scoop neck

This is really very comfortably, and was surprised at how quickly it came together as well.

Like usual the Shift Dress pattern, like the other Jocole patterns are very easy to tape together (especially if you use the trick of taping together on a large glass window/door), and the instructions flow well and make each step a breeze.

Next time I will try the knee length option, it would look amazing with some knee high boots this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment